Saturday 14 September 2013

I'm in the clear!

I thought I'd better test out my cassette case model, as well as make sure I built a folded inlay for future models as not all games had the simpler flat cover...

I threw the front case surface onto the backing for the case to see how it would hold up visually, and I have to say it actually looks better then I'd expected it to.  Often this is where modeling flaws start to show themselves and I was all prepared to switch it back to black if I needed to.


Obviously I thought I'd change the game as well.  In this case, its Artic Computing's excellent rendition of Galaxians.  This is perhaps one of the better versions that was released for the Spectrum at the time.  It also had a folded inlay, with the inner cover explaining the loading instructions and running the game.  While it might have seemed obvious that you just type LOAD "" CODE to load a program on the Speccy, I guess that they had to cater for the lesser-nerd community (ie. the mum & dad group of individuals).

I think we're in the clear...

But I think this cassette project has finished for now.  My plan is to next get onto modeling other assets for what will eventually end up being a (hopefully) photo-realistic composition showing a typical scene from the 80's...

Roll on next modeling project...

0 comments:

Post a Comment